Coroner: College athlete ingested chemical found in fake marijuana before he died

From IndependentMail.com:

Anderson University basketball player Lamar Jack died after ingesting a chemical that is a key ingredient in synthetic marijuana, the county corner said Saturday.

Lab testing and analysis revealed that Jack had the chemical JWH-018 in his body when he collapsed during a preseason warm-up with his team on Sept. 30. Just days later, on Oct. 4, Jack died. He was 19.

On the basis of an autopsy and the toxicology test results, Shore is ruling Jack’s death accidental — caused by “acute drug toxicity with excited delirium that led to multiple organ failure.”

The chemical found in Jack’s body is used to make fake pot, a classification of substances that the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration calls synthetic cannabanoids.

Posted: 10/24/2011 9:19:00 AM

Tags: , , , ,